Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, August 01, 2016

Design Wall Monday - 8/1/16

This week's blog posts are brought to you by the Adirondack Mountains!
Did all y'all miss me last week??!! I know a certain little B&W pussy cat that missed me...

For all the rain that was predicted, there wasn't a drop until I was already partway home. Woohoo! I took advantage of the good weather to get a LOT of hiking in and that meant that I didn't get a lot of hexies done 'cuz I was too tired to do anything. I know! I was surprised too!

I took the owl project with me but for the tiny bit of stitching on the mother ship and background pieces it just wasn't worth a photo.


I basted the hexies for another blue rosette - I just need to pick a layout.


I also worked on adding the sashing to this other blue rosette.

Yeah! That was it for hexies. I carried hexies to the top each mountain I climbed but never touched them there either. I think the trip was just too short - of course, isn't every vacation too short? - but with 2 travel days on a 5 day trip including 3 days of hiking, 1 days of quilt show and 1 day of rest it just flew by...

Tomorrow is The Bibliophile Files - I did a lot of "reading" while hiking and driving :)

Other posts I know you are sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for will include the AQS-Syracuse show (I made just a couple purchases!), the 5 mountains I climbed (3 had restored fire towers), and camping in general.

Cya tomorrow!


3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You seem to travel in rain, don't you! Glad your vacation was dry though. Excited to hear how you liked Syracuse - Martha and our guild president, Kathy, went.

Carla said...

Lovely hexies and also your cat sitting in the previous post!

Chantal said...

I'm so happy you had good weather and got a lot of hiking in. Never mind the hexies - the olympic games start on Friday so you can catch up.