Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, October 22, 2018

Mission Monday

With the countdown beginning towards Christmas and the "bazaar" shopping season I finally got my tuchus in gear for production mode. I started with taking inventory of my box of leftover items from last year and found quite a bit left, reminding me of the meager sales from last year. Sob. Sob. Well, that just affords me the time to try some new items....such as candle mats!

Hopefully sales will be better this year as I just made a purchase from MSQC - when Tula Pink is the daily deal it's hard to resist...I picked a pattern and also bought the border fabric. No random purchases here.

But I digress so back to the candle mats...

2 done!

I got the idea from Chantal, to use the wacky web template and they come together pretty quickly. I used a cardboard box to make a template for the batting and backing. The "hardest" part is picking fabrics to pair together. The next hardest part will be deciding on a price - ugh - worst chore in the world.

2.5 almost done!

I also spent a considerable part of Saturday finishing Chicago Med season 3 and working on Mr Serious.

Just 4.5 rows left until I hit the top left corner!!

Last week I counted what I had done so far and found I had completed something like 328 hexies, which put me about a week behind the 10-a-day schedule. It's OK tho because a couple more 23-hexie-days like Saturday will get us caught up soon enough. I'm probably done with the counting - why count when I can be stitching?!


5 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely candle mats--those snowmen are just gorgeous...
WOW your hexies are beautiful...love those colors...hugs, Julierose

Janet O. said...

Oh, the snowman candle mat is especially clever!
I think I would opt for counting hexies over stitching them. :) But Mr. Serious is really coming along!

Jo said...

Yep, the snowman candle mat is so cute.

Chantal said...

Awesome progress on Mr Serious! Love all the candle mats. My favorite is the snowman one. so sweet. I may have to make one of those.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I like those candle mats. I hope they sell well for you. I'm going to have to check out that template!
xx, Carol