Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, December 27, 2018

A Serious Update

(My usual photo editor has "upgraded" and I'm not happy with the software changes let alone how much harder it is to edit photos on my phone or laptop but I am out of time for tweaking these more today and need to just post them.)

I hit two Serious milestones this week:


The first milestone was to finish the red section!
The hexie next to my thumb was the last of 553 red hexies. Now THAT feels good :)


I also hit the bottom left corner with this brown hexie!


Since hitting these milestones I've started on the blacks for the face in the middle of the quilt. I was taking it a bit slow as it's hard to see the individual hexies on my master color map when they are black hexies and the hexie outline is also black. I've been printing small sections of the overall project so that I can black out individual hexies as I stitch them. I solved the black on black problem today by changing anything black to blue and reprinting the face section. I'll find out tonight if it works well enough.

I've also continued adding more brown. You can see an empty moon shaped section on the right side of the browns and that indicates that I need to get a move on with cutting the whites and creams to start working on the body/paws section of the quilt.

I know I promised to share the yellow after I finished the reds but I forgot to take a photo this morning. Sorry! I'll post it soon.

I haven't done an overall count in quite a while but I have to guess we are gaining on 800 hexies at this point. Once I get some of the black face filled in so that columns are about the same length I'll give it a serious count. That or Janet, who prefers counting hexies over stitching hexies, can pop over to count for me. LOL.


7 comments:

Pamela said...

Great progress! This is a fabulous project!

Chantal said...

It looks terrific. This is really going to be a stunning project! I think all your followers are going to be sooooo jealous.

Linda Swanekamp said...

This is some BIG project. I have no idea how you don't get hexied out. Looks terrific so far!

Barbara said...

I love how this is coming along.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It's amazing progress and an AMAZING amount of hexies too!!
Happy New Year
Carol

Julierose said...

You are really doing so well--this will be so stunning...love it...hugs, Julierose

Leonore Winterer said...

That is a seriously awesome project!