Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Wednesday Weather Report #83 - 12/19/18

Maybe this is why people are so "blue" in December? I already need to cut more blues. But no rush quite yet at the next 3 days will be 40s and 50s! I'm not holding my breath for a White Christmas...sniffle, sniffle.

December 12-18, 2018
31 - 39 - 45 - 39 - 36 - 34 - 25F
December 1-18, 2018

I do hope you are considering making your own weather quilt come the new year!
Don't dilly dally, tho, as you've got just 12 days to get your project sorted.

It doesn't have to be an EPP project, any smallish unit would work as long as you don't mind making 365 of the same unit :)

Between now and the end of the year, I'm finally hoping to get a tab together with info on my project. I plan to include my color scale as well as the current status of my 2 weather quilts so far. If anyone that has participated would like to send me a link to their finished project from last year, or even the label from their blog, I would love to add you to an inspiration list.

===============
I'm thrilled to have an ear completed on Mr Serious and can't wait to see what adding long grey stitching for ear fur will do to complement the hexies.


The white arrows mark the centers of width and height!!

I have four more diagonal brown rows to hit the bottom left corner. The brown is for my dining room table. I also have to do two more red vertical rows to finish out the red, which represents my built in china cupboard. In true life the color is called something bangkok. We jokingly call the yellow walls I can't believe it's not butter (instead of Pismo Dunes) and the red woodwork is ketchup. It seems every paint color I have chosen has a food name. Maybe I shouldn't go to Lowe's/Home Depot on an empty stomach?!

What I was leading to is Grunge isn't available locally in great "butter" colors. However, I think I have finally chosen a yellow Grunge and I'll share it with you after 2 more red rows. Wink!

Be sure to check out the original picture I'm using for this project.




3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I look forward to a few warmer days - it was stinkin' cold out there!

Pamela said...

The December blues are gorgeous and Mr Serious is fabulous. I secretly stitched and finished a temperature quilt for someone in another location and gave it as a Christmas gift. The link to the post is https://hokkaidokudasai.blogspot.com/2018/12/friday-finish-someone-elses-temperature.html. Thanks!

Jo said...

When did your year start for this calendar weather quilt.