Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, December 04, 2018

The Bibliophile Files - 12/4/18

Here I am, plugging along with books as the year draws to a close. How DID it get to be December already?!? While Goodreads.com says I have finished a respectable 71 books already this year, I will admit to looking for some shorter books for the next few weeks. After reading numerous looooong books it will be nice to jam through some shorter ones.

FINISHED
     Murder in Paradise  - 3 short stories. They were just OK as a quick read but too short to be invested in any of the characters and some of the stories seemed to leave out crucial details to keep it short - like a beginning and ending.
     After the Storm - another Amish murder mystery. Love the way they are written but, really!?, how many Amish citizens can be murdered in a small town?
     Gideon's Sword
     The Magician's Lie -The backstory about illusionists was educational. I kind of suspected the twist and I was happy with the ending but I'm not telling you what it is :)
     Before We Were Yours - an AMAZING book based on a horribly true adoption scandal in Tennessee

IN PROGRESS
     On my home stereo - The Night Circus
     On my iPhone - Murder, Interrupted - 2 shorter, true crime stories
     On my car stereo - Whiskey Sour - Erin the Librarian asked me to vet this book before she reads it. Something about blood and guts? As an mp3 file, it's the prefect book for running around in the car...

And now it's your turn to link up or leave a comment. Tell us what you are reading whether it be a novel, magazine, quilt pattern or cereal box!



2 comments:

MissPat said...

Reading Michael Lewis - The Fifth Risk (NF) and Jake Tapper - The Hellfire Club (F). Recently finished Bookshelf of Yesterdays by Ann Meyerson which was interesting. I think you'd like it.
Pat

Barbara said...

I’m reading Angela’s Ashes for the first time. Now I see why it was so popular. What a delightful read, if a sad story. It’s a different book than what I was expecting.