Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Mr Serious

I soooooooo wish the colors were more accurate on the computer. The yellow on the top right is such a pretty buttery yellow color and the "white" section is actually white, grey-white and off-white to help delineate shading and the edges of Z's chin and paws. 

I guess all ya'll will just have to come visit and see it in person!
Maybe at my total solar eclipse party in just 1,853 days??!!


You can see bottom right where I still need to add in 30 hexies. I need to decide how dark I want the shading there (which is between the front paws) and then I can bang those in pretty quick. As soon as I do those I can stitch the top and bottom together. 

Sorry, I didn't count the number of finished hexies again but you can use your imagination because each 2 column pair is 99 hexies and the new section on the right is set to half of the height. Let's just say it's a lot of hexies! LOL.



5 comments:

Pamela said...

Wow! It's fantastic!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I was at my sister in laws in Rochester Saturday and she has this postcard on her fridge for Fiber Flurry Art Festival. I look up the website, and bingo, you are there teaching Hexies! You should definitely broadcast that here.

Janet O. said...

One of these days, when Z's portrait is more complete, I expect him to leap right out of there. You have his "look" captured there!
I SO wish I could be at that party!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Mr Serious is looking GREAT!! You TEACH hexies??? I'd be there if I could!
xx, Carol

Leonore Winterer said...

That IS a lot of hexies, and they're all looking great! One question, though, since I joines in the fun late - the whole thing looks kind of stiff in the picture. Is it going to be soft when finished? Or is it more of a wall hanging only kind of quilt?