Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, June 17, 2019

HeLP for Hexie-aholics - 6/17/19

Remember how I droned on and on with myself about which day was really the 9 month deadline for getting the top for Mr Serious done? Well, in the end, I let technology make the decision and I almost missed getting out of making the decision. LOL.

I have a great app on my iPhone called "Reminder" and it will count down to any deadline you give it. I use it for everything such as vacations, our hexie club quilt exhibit install date and it even automatically adds birthdays and holidays.

Once the event passes, it will also count the number of days since the event passed. I finally remembered to check the count "up" on the Sunday of my conference and lo and behold it was the end of my 9 months!!!

We were stitching outside on the patio of our hotel room so I immediately ran to the beach to take some photos, knowing there wasn't much light left at 8:45pm.


White sand beaches don't make for great photos but I was so happy to see it as "one" piece I didn't really care. I had just a few more stitches to finish the right hand side but it's still in 2 pieces as I decided to add one more row of brown across the bottom and thought it would be easier in 2 pieces.


It's amazing how close it is to the photo and my original design . I know it should be but still...


This, however, was the money shot because who can resist a sunset in the ADK mountains? Don't forget that greyish mountain in the middle (Whiteface) as that will appear on one of my other trip reports later this week.

And now it's your turn - what EPP projects do you have to share??!!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


7 comments:

Julierose said...

This is gorgeous--what a beautiful piece--i just love how it came out...great job hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Ohh, ahh, the ADK! Everything looks better there.

Turid said...

So close. This is beautiful. Nice photos also. I had to link my mini LP, on my blog some time ago. After I finished my big one, I had to let my hands rest a bit. My motovation for hexies are not the best for the time being, but will certainly grow during the summer. Now I'm hooked on another hand project. You'll find it on my blog, my hand can't rest any longer.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful--it looks just like him!

Janet O. said...

I am gobsmacked! Mr. Serious is gorgeous--but don't tell him I said so. Don't want him getting a bigger head than he already has. :)
I actually linked up, Sarah, since I had hexies in my most recent post.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Gosh this piece is amazing. It really is so stunningly close to the picture. I make hexies occasionally and continue to collect them until I decide to stitch them together. I need A LOT more, lol. So, what's your next PP project going to be?
xx, Carol

Leonore Winterer said...

Well, I'll call that 'close enough' on making your deadline - who could know you'd decide on another row! It looks great. Congratulations!