Remember that conference last week in Lake Placid? Well Mr Serious was too big to work on in the classes so I needed another project to keep my fingers busy and I decided that was going to be my temperature quilts.
I started by cutting a LOT of 1.25" x 2" rectangles in the whole temperature color spectrum and packed up my project box that I'll show later in this post. I also had calendars where I filled in the temps I needed to catch up on.
First let's start with the most recent week:
|June 12 - 18, 2019|
72 - 60 - 64 - 71 - 56 - 70 - 72 F
|June 1 - 18, 2019|
Gotta love that red/80's thrown there in the middle!
Once I was caught up on this month, I filled in April and May, which I had stopped to focus on finishing Mr Serious "on time".
|January 1 to June 18, 2019|
And that meant I could finally go back and duplicate January to May of 2018 so that the quilts could run for a calendar year. Clearly I am still finishing May 2018.
|January 1 to December 31, 2018|
Once I get Mr Serious quilted and bound I'll machine applique 2018 onto a black background and get it quilted. I haven't decided on a quilting design yet...
The best part for me is comparing the quilts side by side:
Ok - maybe I'm the only one that gets super excited about this but I love seeing 1 pink (single digits) and 1 white (<0 2018="" 4="" but="" had="" in="" maroons="" pinks="" this="" we="" year.="">90) last year versus 4 pinks this year. Last summer we had 4 maroons (>90) but what will this summer bring? It will need to stop raining if we are going to get that any where near that warm. The comparisons can go on and on and this was one of the big reasons that I wanted to do the quilts in the first place but also why I switched the design to make it easier to compare. I promise I won't bore you with my comparisons.0>
In other news, I think I fixed the finally fixed the problem where I wasn't being notified of new comments so that I could respond. I'm really hoping several people will comment (even if to just say Hi) so that I can see how many notifications I get.
Yikes - almost forgot to share the project box. Everything had it's place so it traveled well. In fact I used half of the fabric rectangles as they used to snugly fill all 3 compartments across the top.