Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Wednesday Weather Report #110 - 6/26/19

We are definitely getting closer to more summer-like weather!!!

June 19 - 25, 2019
77 - 64 - 69 - 70 - 75 - 71 - 76 F

I've also been able to work on some other hexie projects in the last week.

Sunday was like an everlasting gobstocker ... it just went on and on and on until the day's task was done.


After adding another row of brown along the bottom of the quilt on Saturday evening and Sunday morning, I took the papers out of 26 of 27 rows of this larger half of the quilt. I "only" have 19 rows to take out of the smaller half before I can stitch them together and take the final 2 rows out. I am hoping to have that completed before the end of June. My 4 day Independence Day weekend can then be spent sandwiching and getting a good start on quilting this monster.

It's hard to see in the sun but the papers are piled in the cardboard box. If these were papers that I had bought for another project I would press the papers and reuse them but these were punched from free magazine subscription cards and they are pretty beat up since I left them in the project until the bitter end. After I finish pulling papers from the smaller half and get a photo of all 2,327 beat up hexie papers they will be headed straight to the round bin.

Because Mr Serious is no longer portable, I pulled out a UFO. It's been a little disconcerting working on something else after 9 months of focused dedication as well as exhilarating to work on an old friend.

Baskets are one of my favorite blocks

This basket block is almost done and that means I'll have to soon decide how I want to arrange the 4 baskets for another doll bed quilt. Before you laugh, I was just invited to do another trunk show and (doll) bed turning in October. This is the third or fourth year I've been asked to do a show in October! And with that I need to get to work on some UFOs to add to my trunk show. Hopefully that means this blog will be a little less "boring" for you guys.


Before I took the photos I had been leaning towards tulips to the middle but now I think baskets to the middle and I'm hoping I have more of the brown (the only consistent fabric for each block) to do something with the borders or binding. I have a feeling it was a scrap tho and I might be out of luck...

I'm still working on the issue with my comments. On Friday I added a gmail account to the notification field on my blog and it worked for some comments but not others. I was going to take out my original email today to try that tweak but I found that blogger had deleted the gmail address from the list and that could explain the missing later comments. I hope you'll still play along while I try to fix this issue...

Since I don't get around to many other linky parties - what software are people using? My inlinkz account is up for renewal soon but lately not many people are joining in for various reasons and I'm not sure it's worth the money. It's not extravagant but no use wasting money that could be spent on more fabric! Any suggestions that you have seen on your or other blogs?? TIA

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


5 comments:

Pamela said...

Your temperatures are looking warmer, as are mine.

I would like to link up but I'm not able to any more. I too have issues with getting notification of comments and also not being able to comment on all blogs with my computer. I can comment with my iPad. Not sure if this problem is with blogger or with safari or something else.

I look forward to seeing Mr. Serious in one piece! How exciting. Your tulip blocks are very pretty.

Janet O. said...

I wish our temps were in the 60s and 70s! We are in the 80s this week, and heading into the 90s next week. Too warm for my liking.
Mr. Serious is seriously amazing!
As I remove the papers from my simple hexie flowers I am tossing them. They were hand cut from magazine subscription papers, and some of them have already been used in two quilts. They have been hammered.
Personally, I prefer the block arrangement of the baskets on the right.
I have never done links and Humble Quilts is about the only blog where I have linked up in the past few years.

Vireya said...

I think that's the first photo you have shown that gives an idea of how big Mr Serious is. The first one I've noticed, anyway! He is much bigger than I had imagined. Hooray for being nearly in one piece!

Jo said...

Great effort. You are nearly done..

Leonore Winterer said...

Mr Serious is impressive, but it's so exciting to see your other projects too! I started following you after you begun your crazy cat journey, so I haven't seen any of them yet.