Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, October 01, 2019

The Bibliophile Files - 10/1/19

Hello! Hello! And welcome to not only the first day of October but my monthly book list. It's hard to tell it's October here in WNY given that we hit a high of 85. In October?! 85?! Unbelievable.

Goodreads.com says that I am still 4 books behind to finish 90 for the year. I'm not worried as this week and next are the busiest time for school taxes so I will hopefully get in a lot of listening time. I also have a 4 day trip to the Adirondacks coming up so that should be good for another 3 or 4 books. The weather is expected to be wet and downright cold at night. I am hoping to get in some hikes and peep some leaves but otherwise I'll hunker down with hexies. I know - you're shocked, my 2 favorite things. Well 3, if you count the books...

FINISHED
     All Lined up - so not my kind of book (romance and football) but I needed a "u" book and this fit the bill well enough.
     Accused - part of an excellent series
     The Big Exit
     Bad Monkey - I so love reading books about places where I've lived or visited. This book takes place in Key West/Miami and I just found out there is a second book in the "series" (There appears to only be 2 books - it takes 3 objects to be a collection but how many books to be a series?)
     Dear Bob & Sue: Season 2 - I so love this series about travelling to the various national parks and monuments. It's filled with humor and real details for a girl that loves the outdoors and has a bucket list for hitting all 50 states. I just heard that Season 3 was released this year so I've already got my name on the waiting list for the audiobook.
     Extraordinary Means - definitely one of my left over young adult books as it's about young love won and lost amongst teenagers sequestered in a rural hospital for drug resistant TB. Not a cheery book.

IN PROGRESS
     Unbound

I'm happy to say that I've found all the books I'll need to finish my reading challenge! This is not to say that I won't change out a book if something isn't available when I need it. I've done it before and I'll do it again. Teehee.

What are you reading? Feel free to write about it in the comments below or link to a post on your blog. I'm sure we can all appreciate a good book recommendation.


3 comments:

Julierose said...

I am (re-) reading The Lighthouse by P.D. James as I cannot find anything that appeals lately...great writing in this but slow for me with my eye infection...hugs, Julierose

Jo said...

You are amazing with the books you get through. I'm sure you will make your limit. I am now enjoying Nora Roberts audio books on YouTube.

Leonore Winterer said...

I haven't got as much reading in as I thought I would this month. I'm still trying to finish the Silver Hallows Paranormal Cozy Mystery Series before my kindle unlimited runs out tomorrow (may 80 pages left to go!).