Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Wednesday Weather Report #124 - 10/2/19

Yesterday's weather made it nearly impossible to tell that it was October already: 84F instead of last year's 54F!! Who would have expected October to start with a red??!??

September 25-30, 2019 : 76 - 63 - 70 - 75 - 58 - 64 F
October 1, 2019 : 84 F

Today's green temp is much more realistic. What I'm not quite prepared for is this while I'm camping:


I was planning to pack as light as possible (regarding food and gear) but I've made some revisions to that plan to pack lots of blankets and clothes to keep warm. We are still a few days out and we all know that forecasts change (often!) so I still need to be prepared even if they take snow off the table before I leave.

As you may have noticed from the first picture, I've finished the neutral quilt:


Chantal says my feet show the scale of the quilt. This is now laid out on my coffee table to await inspiration for the silhouette while I work on some other UFOs before my trunk show. Nothing is near completion so it's more about making progress on projects than finishing at this point. I was told to bring "everything" so progress is just as important.

The problem is...


...I have 7 doll quilts that need quilting but I'm not yet inspired to start quilting any of them. I've got the evening off from job#2 so I'm hoping something will inspire me tonight, if not tonight then maybe this weekend. Cross your fingers!

So - how's your weather? Is it typical October weather?



5 comments:

Julierose said...

Definitely not October weather--more like the dog days of august here....85 degrees and 74 is the dewpoint--phew --I thought we were through with this--no wonder we have Triple E mosquitoes!!
Love your neutral hexagons piece...lovely work...hugs, Julierose

Jo said...

We are experiencing a very hot week for spring. Supposed to hit 100 on Saturday.

Pamela said...

It still feels summery where I live! https://hokkaidokudasai.blogspot.com/2019/09/monday-morning-star-count-week-21.html

Janet O. said...

Unseasonably cool here--we should be in the 70s, but have been in the 50s for days.
Those neutral hexies are very pretty.

Leonore Winterer said...

Those doll-sized quilts are bigger than I imagined them being, but they all are gorgeous!