Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, October 05, 2020

A Peachy Monday

I thought I should finally start to share the 3 hexie projects I started in the last few months. One of them is a mini-POTC made with 1/2" honeycombs, one is a HST group project for Hexie Club and then there is this one...


Shortly after I shared pictures of the Mrs Peach quilt with Chantal, she said she would do it with me(!), so we both jumped on it. The original had different colored pairs of stripes, fussycut florals for the octagons and All The Scraps for the "rectangles". It was a wild quilt to say the least. Instead, I'm using this fun Dia de Los Muertos cat fabric and each block will have 8 different but coordinating bright fabrics. The corners will be filled in with fussy cut white on black fabrics. 


The pink block is about one quarter finished thanks to Hexie Club last Friday. I have the green and red blocks kitted, yellow needs to have the last few fabrics fussy cut and I think I need to find 1 more blue fabric. Then I'll have to figure out what colors to use next - I'm thinking peach and lilac would be nice but after that I have no idea yet. The paper kit makes 12 blocks but I'm thinking I'll need at least 2 to 3 times that many for a decent sized quilt. That's a lot of color combos to come up with. Eek!

Phooey, I just remembered I was going to stop at a non-local store this past weekend to see if they had more of the DdLM fabric. I have a decent chunk now but I'm cutting it into some serious Swiss cheese for the blocks and don't expect to have much left to use for borders or the back. On the other hand, I have yards and yards of that mind altering B&W stripe so I'm hoping there is enough for a stripey binding.



5 comments:

Janet O. said...

Mind altering is right! This is amazing, Sarah, but I don't know how long I could stare at those stripes. Boy, but what an optical effect!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

These are just awesome!

Denise :) said...

Oh wow! These are amazing! I love the bright colors!! :)

Vireya said...

Your Mrs Peach looks amazing so far!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, that's gorgeous and hypnotizing at the same time! Are you making multiple of each color or looking to use every combo just one?