Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Wednesday Weather Report #179 - 10/21/20

After last weekend's frost and the voluminous rain this week, it appears it's time to bite the bullet and put my ADK chair away for the winter. I know, it's also time to rake leaves but we need to dry out first...


This week's hexies show that we have definitely moved on to fall. Yet we also have a few snow showers predicted for next week. The temps aren't really supposed to be that low so I won't hold my breath on the first snow of the year.

October 14 - 20, 2020
59 - 69 - 46 - 57 - 55 - 49 - 47 F

Eek! I bought myself a birthday gift! I've always stayed away from BOM programs as they seem expensive but when I saw how many different Tula fabrics were included in this kit (that I wouldn't have to buy individually) and the color placement was all planned out it was a no brainer for me. It'll be an easy project with little thinking on my part. Sounds like a good plan for what I'm sure my favorite (and only) brother will now call an "over the hill" quilter. LOL. 


And I'm wayyyyy behind on sharing but over the Columbus Day/Indigenous People's Weekend I finally pulled the papers and spray basted this doll quilt. The colored triangles were a swap from Hexie Club and then I added my own neutral to bring it all together.

So many papers to pull.
And now to press them all for reuse.
I have 2 more kaleidoscope projects planned.

It's always a bonus when you have the perfect
 sized batting chunk just waiting for a purpose.

I couldn't resist - it matches the colors on the front perfectly and it's cats.
I really could have just started and stopped with it being cats. Right?!


5 comments:

Vireya said...

I love that picture of your chair and the autumn leaves. I also love that the colours match this weeks temperatures.

The BOM birthday present to yourself looks like the perfect gift!

By the way, has a birthday cake from me arrived yet? I forgot to note the date when I sent it, but I hope it gets there in plenty of time.

Julierose said...

Love your dolly quilt...that backing is amazing!!
It's gotten suddenly warmer and humid again here; we had to turn on the AC last night as it was 70!! And we got inundated with dense fog...
what happened to cool, crisp days?? I want to know;000
Hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great quilt photos! Went to ADK last weekend with grandkids and although it was chilly, the scenery was spectacular. Post coming up with photos. I always hate turning the heat on.

Janet O. said...

Is that a periwinkle Adirondack chair, or are the colors off on my monitor? Love it!
Your temps are balmy! We were in the 20s overnight and much of the morning, but we did get all the way up to 48 degrees.
I'm glad you treated yourself to that BOM! I don't usually buy them either (I've only bought one just last year), but sometimes you gotta face the fact that it is perfect for you--as this one seems to be.
Oh, yeah, that cat fabric was a no brainer.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, those leaves look like they would be a lot of fun to play in - Z, are you hiding anywhere?
Your new project looks like a lot of fun, great colours. Sometimes it's nice to not have to put too much thought in, isn't it?
And great job on the finished doll quilt, it's really cute!