Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, October 06, 2020

The Bibliophile Files - 10/6/20

 It was another productive month of reading audiobooks! 

I finished my 75th book yesterday which makes me 7 books ahead of schedule for my annual ready goal. Woohoo! 

I really need to not worry at the beginning of every year that I am behind schedule as I am usually ahead of schedule by year end. Let's see if I remember that come March...


FINISHED
     Let me Lie - a good psych thriller
     Luckiest Girl Alive - This is the story of what I perceive to be an unlucky kid, partly from her own doing, who grows up into a privileged, engaged young woman. A woman I loved and hated for what she did to herself, what she blossomed into and how she hid behind her privilege.
     The Bone House 
     A 1,000 Moons
     8 Perfect Murders - as a new employee at a bookstore, the now-owner was supposed to write a blog to entice purchases. Someone is now using his old list of 8 perfect murders to get away with murder! If I get my act together, I would love to read those 8 referenced books/plays.
     Break in Case of Emergency - Toby's mother committed suicide 5 years ago and she plans for her own suicide before she hears her long-missing father is coming to visit. In the end he steps up and her friends support her in her time of need.
     Season of Fear - If you don't mind getting confused in a book, then this is the one for you! It's the sequel to a 2 book series but it's really a stand alone book with only 1 carry over character.
     The Party Upstairs - a book that supposedly takes place over a single day but in reality is mostly backstory to explain what is happening in that one day. It's a modern take on upstairs-downstairs mentality with a  happy ending for the downstairs people.
     Mrs Lincoln's Sisters - this is the first non-quilt book I've read by Chiaverini so maybe there is another book in her historical-fiction repertoire that has Mrs Lincoln's side of the story but I felt that info was the huge elephant in the room for this book.
     Red at the Bone - goodreads.com suggested this short book as a quick read towards my reading goal. Each section of the book is from the perspective of a different family member surrounding the coming-of-age ceremony of 16 year old Melody, a girl who is now older than her mother when she gave birth to Melody. I still haven't figured out where the title came from...

IN PROGRESS
     Firestorm - I found this book while looking for another with a similar title. It's a good thriller but borderline a little too fanciful for me with mindreading and starting fires from a distance.


And now it's your turn - what are you reading? Novels, magazines, quilt patterns and cereal boxes all count!


2 comments:

MissPat said...

Has it been a month already? I'm not doing well at all on my Goodreads goal, but it is what it is as someone likes to say. I just finished the 19th Christmas by Patterson. Had to wait for it because the Avon's copy was checked out with the extended loan due date. So I finally got a copy from Eagle Free (!) when holds were opened up system-wide. Maybe with colder weather, I'll be able to spend more time quilting and then I can try listening to audio books again.
Pat

Leonore Winterer said...

Sounds like a great selection of books - lots of crime this month. Eight perfect murders especially sounds interesting! I'm slowly making my way through the Farther Adventures of Robinson Crusoe. Not un-interesting, but such a slow read!