Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, January 05, 2021

The Bibliophile Files - 1/5/21

Hello and Welcome to a new year of The Bibliophile Files - my monthly list of the books I've read. I'm proud to say that I finished 101 book last year!! It was kinda dicey in the first half of the year but I pulled through in the end and went well above my goal.

goodreads.com says that my 101 books was 32,641 pages - which is hilarious because I listen to almost all my books. My shortest book was 60 pages and the longest was 512. The most popular book I read was Educated and the least popular was A Christmas Carol (the female version - I get why it was un-popular).

I've set my 2021 reading goal for my usual 90 books. If you are also interested in a goal I suggest you get a free goodreads account (and the phone app) as it will not only track your books but make suggestions for your next book. It's also great when you get to the library and can't remember if you already read a book that looks interesting. Be sure to let me know you have an account so we can be "friends".


FINISHED
     The Midnight Line
     Fortune and Glory - this is newest book in the long standing Stefanie Plum series - they've just changed the way they name the books.
     The Laws of Innocence - #6 in the Mickey Haller (Lincoln Lawyer) series - it was a nice twist of a jailed lawyer defending himself.
     The Christmas Box - a quick little Christmas story.
     The Christmas Pearl - a supernatural Christmas story - I'm not so sure I like a mix of the two genres.
     Murder with Macaroni & Cheese - a new to me series that involves murder and cooking. I *do* like this mix of two genres!
     The Last to Die


IN PROGRESS
     To Tell You the Truth - a psychological mystery. I keep trying to guess what's happening - is it real or imagined? - but I keep getting it wrong.

And now it's your turn - what have you read recently? Anything counts: novel, magazine, quilt pattern or cereal box.



3 comments:

Julierose said...

I am down to "Re-Reading"!!;000 (cannot be without a book on the go!!)
As I am waiting for some new books to come in from amazon.

Right now: Agatha Christie's "Elephants Can Remember" and, like comfort food, her books are a comfort for me...

I am going to begin the "Outlander" Series bks this year...my daughter loved them and we are watching the Netflix series on tv...

[As a side note Tom is reading "New York" by Edward Rutherford--a historical novel. He is really enjoying this huge tome...]

Hugs for a wonderful reading adventure this year Julierose

MissPat said...

Just finished 20th Victim by Patterson. Now reading Shell game by Paretsky (somehow missed this one). I find it much harder to keep aware of new titles now that I don't read book reviews for work. I am on Goodreads, though I don't write reviews. Just use it to track my books. I was woefully short of my 2020 goal, so I only set the 2021 goal at 45, but I'm determined to spend more time on books and less on computer scrolling. I know I should download some audio books, but I haven't managed to finish one yet before it was snatched back. i should try using my phone in gardening season. Not only would I read more books, but I could drown out the shrieking children at the home day care three house down.
Pat

Leonore Winterer said...

I love good reads! I failed my usual 100 books challenge last year (only managed 81) but I'm trying again this year. It's funny because I reached/surpassed 100 book in 2017 and 2018, when my challenge was still at 50, but failed in 2019 and 2020 when I had increased it. Still doing my best, though!