Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Wednesday Weather Report #211 - 6/2/21

Hello and Welcome to the last report of May 2021 - we've had some wacky weather. Keep in mind that we just had some near 90F days and then this came...

May 26 - 31, 2021 :: 75 - 62 - 38 - 48 - 60 - 68 F
June 1, 2021 :: 72

You eyes are NOT deceiving you - that is a blue day at the end of May. The windchill was only 30F/-1.1C!! Brrrrrr!! Never fear tho as we are doomed headed towards 90F again next week.



I took advantage of the long weekend to refill my "weather" box. Considering the number of days already in the 70s/80s this year it was time. You can also tell the colors that don't get used that much as they aren't topped off.  I'm pretty well stocked for the next 18 months or so.

Did you know the full moon last week was a super blood moon? That made it the largest and brightest moon of the whole year. I went out for one last walk after the day had cooled off to find the  moon rising up over the neighbor's houses. 



As with any sun or moon pic, they are always so much better in person, meaning you'll have to trust me when I say it was a stunner and so worth the surprise.



3 comments:

Janet O. said...

What?!? That is crazy weather!
Oh, I missed that moon! We have had company for 2 weeks and I have been under the weather for most of that. Haven't paid much attention to anything. I absolutely hear you on photos never doing justice to a full moon--especially a super moon!

Vireya said...

That is quite a variation in one week!

I saw the beginning of the eclipse, but by the time the full eclipse happened the sky had clouded over here. So we missed seeing the red glow that other people's photos showed.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, that's a very unsteady month for you! Glad you got to catch that amazing moon, too.