Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Wednesday Weather Report #215 - 6/30/21

I have a hard time complaining about our weather when I know it's so much worse in the Western USA but I'm going to do it anyway...

We've had some rain the last couple of days but 10 minutes of torrential rain doesn't do much in the face of a another extremely dry summer. It's also been hot enough to make this girl melt as soon as she leaves the air conditioned office. I don't think I've been able to accomplish anything meaningful this week other than walks in the morning where I arrive home dripping with sweat. It feels good to accomplish a long walk but gooder to step directly into a cool shower! LOL!

I would like to say these high temps are more like late July or August weather but my excel spreadsheet with the daily temps since 2017 is on a thumb drive that isn't working at the moment so I can't really confirm that. Anyone have a surefire way to rescue files from a non-cooperative thumb drives?


June 23 - 29, 2021
66 - 82 - 80 - 83 - 87 - 87 - 90 F


I walked to the local state park again on Sunday. I happened to wake up early enough that the temps were comfortable but I didn't sit at my favorite bench very long to enjoy the view since the caterpillar poop was grossing me out. Do you have the gypsy moth problem like we are having ? The caterpillars are eating trees bare of their leaves and they poop a LOT. The little pellets fall from the trees and cover everything - it sounds like rain if they are hitting the right surface. Luckily or unluckily they are now changing in to their chrysalids to become moths so the leaf munching and pooping will stop - we will just need to deal with the moths... Ah nature!



5 comments:

Julierose said...

Our area is so bone dry--no rains so far and high temps and humidity too.
I know it doesn't reach the 100+ of the West--but you are right, for June this is really unbelievable...we had 95 today with 79 dewpoint...so hot...thankful we have AC and that the power grid is ok so far...
Makes me so lethargic and tired...
hopefully tonight it will break for all of us Where are you, Canadian cold front??
Hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Hopefully, the heat breaks today. I really, really need rain for my flower garden.

MissPat said...

Most of the rain has been skirting around us, although there were a few showers late yesterday and overnight. Not enough to wet the ground under the trees though. And yes, we have a totally defoliated red Norway maple in front of our house. It's weird, though, because there are other red Norways around the village that haven't been damaged. I agree the heat sucks the life out of you (and the flowers). We get a few days respite (and maybe some rain) before the heat returns Monday.
Pat

Janet O. said...

I can confirm that our temps in June were truly what we usually have in late July and early August. The local meteorologists have emphasized that repeatedly.
What a gorgeous shot--too bad the Gypsy moth problem makes it less than pleasant. We definitely DON'T have that problem!

Leonore Winterer said...

After a pretty dry 2019 and 2020 we've been having LOADS of rain so far this year. I'm only complaining a little bit!