Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 7/25/11

Another Monday but finally it's raining!!! There are lots of severe thunderstorm warnings but the rain will do the grass and gardens good. Has it even rained since the end of June? Couldn't tell you because last week's heat wave has cooked my brain.

It was so hot this weekend that I only got a little of this and that done. I was able to make a quick trip to Dansville (mainly because the car has AC) for backing to my fireman quilt. I also picked up some RWB thread that I think will look great.


At the same store, I was able to get the sashing fabric shown above for my Civil War BOW. I'm pretty sure that I didn't post the last 2 blocks I did so lets just say the block on the right is a new block I did this weekend (ok so I'm still behind and this is an old block that I just got to but I promise to get the pictures (not the blocks!) updated this week). The blocks that have been posted are all together on the Civil War Quilt tab at the top of my blog. I have also drawn up the quilt in EQ (figured it was good practice for the LQS BOM we are creating) and while I haven't included the actual fabrics, I did try to pick the proper colors. Any one wanna see it so far?

I really like the brown with it's subtle stripe and swirls. My question for you, fair readers, is what to use for the cornerstones? a mix of neutrals? a mix of all my other fabrics? (to match the one border that is all squares of the fabrics used) or something else?

Also, don't forget to lend your voice to last week's Wazzit Wednesday...there are pressies for the winner that will be announced this Wednesday. Only 3 votes so far...

3 comments:

Vicki H. said...

I love the mixed fabric cornerstones in a sampler quilt myself. Your blocks look wonderful.

Janet O. said...

I'm voting for the mixed cornerstones, too.

Lily said...

I love that brown fabric! My vote is for mixed cornerstones also think it would look great.