- I will read many good books.
- Housecleaning remains an important part of my day (hardyharhar!) but I will continue to do volunteer work (no news on either front).
- I will try new foods and continue to have fun cooking in my own kitchen.
- A few random things - I'll get to spend time with my favorite felines and I'll take better care of my violets.
- On the sewing front...I will finish projects this year and other than lots of hexies, the rest will be a mystery.
How did I come to these conclusions?
- I finished an audiobook and almost finished a book on my Kindle. I am now half way thru yet another audiobook. I was able to finish 71 books last year - a record for me. How do I know this? I use shelfari.com to read book reviews and log the books I read or plan to read. Check out my bookshelf at http://www.shelfari.com/castilesarah
- In the afternoon I was picking up around the house when the siren blew for our first rescue call of the year. I was back home in a couple hours but took it as a sign from "above" that I had done enough work for the day. Never did get to the laundry. See, I told you housework was important.
- Shortly after the rescue call Mom called to ask me about making ebelskivers. I had seen them made once at Williams-Sonoma but she had received an antique ebelskiver pan for Christmas and needed "help" testing them out. For dinner I made quesadillas with leftover southwest chicken and mushrooms. The night before I made lobster tails over risotto with a big salad. Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!
- I didn't set the alarm yesterday morning (a good thing since I stayed up reading) and the kids didn't seem in a hurry for breakfast so we all stayed in the warm bed just a little longer and we later snuggled on the couch while watching House on DVD.
- I also bought myself 2 new violets this week and pulled out supplies to repot the others I have.
- I spent the morning working on step 7 of Bonnie's mystery quilt.
- I spent the afternoon finishing the borders on the chickadee quilt and then made 2 of the final blocks for the step 8.
- I spent the evening making hexies. Mom was sad I didn't start something I offered to make her but who wants to start a new project and set that precedent??
Now I just need to remember to check off everything at the end of the year...
What did you do on New Year's???