Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tuesday Tip

Do you have a favorite book that you use often but it's a little akward to keep open? You've got to find two things to prop it open but then you notice the spine is breaking?

Well, I've got the bestest solution!!

Pay FedExOffice (fka Kinkos) or someone else to spiral bind it for you. I admit it is a bit rediculous to pay $1.50 just to cut off the binding plus the rest of the fee but it is soooooooooo worth it in my book.

What I wish I had also done was add in a page of my own that shows what shape has what name. I can't remember a wheelie from a jazzy for the life of me...




5 comments:

Missy Shay said...

What a great idea!

Denise :) said...

It really is a smart idea ... quilting books (especially patterns and instructions) are practically useless if they've got a regular spine! Cookbooks, too, if you want to know my opinion! Two more days, two more days, two more days!!! ;)

Janet O. said...

I use to do this to all of my kids' big piano books--and I have done it to a couple of my thicker quilt books--especially the ones with FMQ patterns that I like to keep by my machine while I quilt. Thanks for mentioning it-- I should do it to more of them!

Carla said...

I have finally decided on a layout for my hexies. Perhaps I will link up one of these days. Great idea for the book.

Dee said...

What a fantastic idea!! I need to do that to several of the books I use a lot!