Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, June 03, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 6/3/13

I wasn't home much this weekend. When I was in my studio I was working on a small swap quilt and while I don't know if Ines reads my blog, I can't be giving away any secrets now can I???

The rest of my time was spent working on ...wait for it ... hexies!!!! You were surprised, weren't you? LOL!

I've put together some twisted hexes with random batiks around the outside edge and some with monochromatic batiks. Since I only have so many papers, I am stitching random hexes around the monochromatic ones so I can reuse some of the papers.

I'm not yet sure if I'll nest these larger hexes together or add some kind of filler. I'm just making it up as I go along...



9 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

These are so pretty! How big are they? I don't think I've seen this type before.

Scrapatches said...

Love your new hexies! ... :) Pat

Janet O. said...

Well, what you are making up is sure pretty!
I was so surprised when you said you were working with hexies--NOT!! : )

Turid said...

Not surprised at all. Your hexagons are so wonderful and pretty.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love this design - clever.

Emily Breclaw said...

Love the batiks and the secondary triangle pattern!

Anonymous said...

Making it up as you go along is working really well!

AnnieO said...

Surprise surprise (not)! These are really jazzy and cool...

Angie in SoCal said...

What a fabulous scrap quilt that will make! Like a round log cabin. Love it, Sarah.