Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Genesee Valley Quilt Show - Part #1

This past weekend I attended the Genesee Valley Quilt Show, held at the Rochester Institute of Technology. The show had 600+ quilts and 50+ vendors, including some that I've seen at Houston or on Youtube! I spent a few bucks with the venders and took a few pictures :) I was a little surprised with the lack of hexie quilts...

Cat quilts are first!

Gorgeous thread painting!

The card said the women was terrified to tear the fabric, giving the quilt it's name,
but she made several of them for local nursing homes as a converstaion starter.

I think I'll need to add this to my bucket list!

Ok, not a great photo but the red is all Japanese fabrics with cats!
There was a vendor with Asian fabrics but nothing like this one :(


The color and detail was stunning in this applique

I LOVE this color combination!


Look familiar? It's amazing how big a difference fabric choices make.


5 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

Thanks for sharing the photos - especially the cat ones.
When we spend so much time on a hand project, I think we imagine that EVERYONE is doing the same!

Missy Shay said...

I love that second quilt!

Janet O. said...

So many great quilts! Love the cat sliding down the quilt! : )

June said...

Oh yes, I love the quilt with the cat sliding down! Such beautiful work on them all...

Michelle said...

That first cat picture looks so real.......
Love the cat clinging to to quilt too.
That appliqué wall hanging is beautiful.
Was it a very big show ?