Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday Tumblers



I SWEAR the 20 gallon crock is
not completely full of scraps!

It's lunchtime and I'm sitting here eating a pb&j with *fresh* homemade strawberry jam! What could be better?! The only thing I could come up with would have been homemade bread and since I just got a bread machine cookbook at the library so that might could be on tonight's short list!!

At the end of last week I was in the mood to sew on my machine (I know, weird!, tired of hexies??). I've had this fabric since it first hit the shelves in my LQS and I had wanted to make a tumbler quilt but just never seemed to get to it. Then I saw a Missouri Star Quilt Company youtube video on tumblers made to look like honeycombs and I knew it was the project for me...ASAP! LOL! 

I plotted the project in EQ but it still came out a bit long for me. Never fear, I've decided to only put the striped border on the 2 sides with the "horizontal" stripe to trick the eye in to thinking the quilt is wider, even if it's still a bit long. I didn't have enough of a dark green for an inner border but I found this olive green (I swear it matches in person) over the weekend  :^)

It feels good to make progress on a project!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

I love PB&J for lunch :) Just got a Tumbler ruler/template; will have to check out the YouTube video from MSQC. Thanks for sharing.

Janet O. said...

Great looking quilt. Smart trick to make it appear wider. So what is filling the crock? Do the fabric scraps really hide a chocolate stash or something? : )

Missy Shay said...

It looks great!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I had PB&J for lunch too - but blueberry jam, yummo! THis is too cute - and I just ordered the 2.5" tumbler template from MSQC - know what I'm making, thank you.