Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Design Wall Monday - 4/14/14

This weekend was another busy one! Not only did I finish both an audio book and a paper book that were due at the library today but I also did some raking outside in perfect summer weather. Both yesterday and today are overcast and 80F! Yeah, we went straight from Winter to Summer but rumor has it that Spring will be here tomorrow, when the high will be 52F and the low 16F.

I even went to a not-so-local quilt show. I decided to go to the show partly cuz it was out of my usual quilt store range (I was hoping for new "stuff" to buy!) but I also felt it was a test run to their usual meeting site. And why would that be important for a guild 90 minutes away? Because my fingers, toes, eyes and legs are all crossed that I get into at least one of Bonnie Hunter's classes at their annual seminar in September!!!! I might have to miss one of my camping trips to the Adirondack Mts but I have been waiting for these classes since I first saw them on Bonnie's blog around 3 years ago. I'll share show and shopping pictures tomorrow.


Last but not least, I have been working on a sample for our next Hexie Club meeting. I am seriously considering adding 6 more hexies in place of the blank papers so that it's not just another round hexie topper. I am thinking the ends will be the large red flower but I'm not sure yet.

Don't forget to stop in this Thursday for HeLP for Hexie-aholics! Looking forward to seeing what all y'all have been working on!!!


5 comments:

Janet O. said...

I hope you are able to get into a Bonnie class. That would be so fun!! I'd miss a lot of things to be in a class of hers, but she doesn't ever get within even 90 minutes of me. : )
Love that hexie creation! Very striking!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So love your hexie design.

margaret said...

your hexie design is wow all that fussy cutting to match the pattern perfectly

Karen H said...

Your latest hexie is very exciting! Love all the fussy cuts!

Carla said...

So many lovely possibilities with hexies. Love them all!