Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Quilt Guild report...

Yesterday everyone I saw was talking about the horrible weather  - how cold it was (30F really only feels that cold cuz it was 80F the day before) and all the snow we were going to get. Supposedly between 1 and 4". I thought that would be the perfect Wordless Wednesday photo. Well here ya go:


How is it the weather peeps can always be so "off" and still keep their jobs?
I suppose I best give you something more interesting to look at than my tiny tiger lilies...

Last night was Quilt Guild. We had a trunk show based on Deb Tucker's tools. Gorgeous quilts! I took pictures of several hunter star quilts. If I ever get my blue and green batik HS done, I'll try one of her other layouts - they were all about fabric placement.

Ten new fabrics for my stash!

I had completely forgotten that there was going to be a sale on someones stash fabrics. Most were FQs but some were just pieces. Can you believe I got the whole pile for just $3??!! Pretty close to the amount of fabric I got at the quilt show for just a fraction of the cost. If I hadn't run out of time I could have picked out more. Hopefully they will bring the bins to next months meeting too!

Everything looks better upside down!

I also received another fab gift from my secret sister! The chick topped porcelain cupcake is actually a candy dish and it came stocked with choco!! The plates are adorable and I can't wait for this coming weekend to use them with the napkins I forget to tell you about from last month's gift. I already had the Easter cactus - it was the only yellow one at the store so I grabbed that one up pretty fast - I've been looking for one for eons. The black & white goofball you've met before but he seems to approve. Thank you SS!!!!!


4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Looks like you snagged some great fabrics for fussy-cutting hexies! : )

Julierose said...

Neat fabrics and all in Easter Eggy colorways! Cute gifts, too. Hope you have a wondrous Easter...hugs, Julierose

Vroomans' Quilts said...

We got lots of snow and horrible winds - lost our power for some time, too.

Karen H said...

What a great fabric haul! I want to go to your Guild!