Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, April 07, 2014

Design Wall Monday - 4/7/14

Brace yourself! This very well, could, might, actually, be the most exciting post you read today! LOL!

Friday night was hexie night at the LQS. We discussed out next birthday club project. Over the last year, each birthday girl was gifted (7) 3/4" hexies basted in her favorite color. This year we are switching to 1.5" 6-pt diamonds. Some of the ladies switched their colors to a different color or just "scrappy." I'm changing mine to scrappy batiks :) Not sure yet what I'll do with mine but I am sure I can come up with something after I finish the pillow with this year's birthday hexies...


Saturday I taught a class and then attended the annual fire(wo)men's dinner for our department. I went home over stuffed :)

Sunday morning was lazy - working on hexies, still in my PJs, and finishing an audio book. In the afternoon I went to see Twelve Years a Slave with Mom. Excellent movie but horrendous at the same time. Dinner was one of my favorites: coconut curry chicken with sweet 'taters. And best of all, I already had everything on hand. Tonight I'm making these cookies!

4 leaves done for my March hexie BOM.
 I really do need to pick a background fabric so I can stitch these down.
Is it sad to say that I was hoping for a boring day at work?

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Do you do hexies in your sleep, Sarah? *LOL*

margaret said...

love the fabric you have used i=on the march hexie. Sounds like you have had a lovely few days.

Denise :) said...

Was the movie entitled "Twelve Years a Slave with Mom" or did you go see "Twelve Years a Slave" with your mom?? LOL! You can't take the English teacher out of the girl. Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Nod to Janet on her "in your sleep" comment! I bet those coffee cake cookies were GOOD! :)