Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, April 03, 2018

The Bibliophile Files - 4/3/18

Hello and welcome to our monthly book linky party!

Woot! I finally finished some books! World Without End was only 36 CDs long and just seemed to go on forever. Good story, very similar to the first book but different time period. It was just loooooooooong.

FINISHED -
     The Cuban Affair
     The October List - This story is written in reverse. I didn't realize it at first and was confused with the overlap between the first 2 chapters after that it was really cool to reveal new aspects to the storyline. It was a real twist at the end = my fav kind of story.
     World Without End - with 1014 pages or 36 CDs I will NOT be reading another book this long this year or I'll never make my personal challenge to read 90+ books this year. There is a third book in this series and I've scheduled it for next January. LOL.
     Into the Water - should be finished this afternoon. A little confusing with the switch between decades but I've finally gotten into the gist of the book now that it's mostly done.

IN PROGRESS -
     On my iPhone - The Alphabet House
     On my home stereo - A Dog's Purpose - I watched the movie first so we'll see if the book is better...they usually are.

And now it's your turn - what books have you read in the last month? Anything counts: novel, magazine, quilt pattern or cereal box.



2 comments:

Denise :) said...

Sounds like some good reading!! I found a fun series -- a camping murder mystery series, The Frannie Shoemaker Campground Mysteries -- that I read through in March -- all eight books (LOL! So you know they were quick reads). And another three books from the same author about a time-travel trailer. Both series were cute. The author was Karen Mussner Nortman. I read "A Man Called Ove" -- VERY GOOD! That was a library borrow. Now I'm re-reading through the Mitford series. I started with the first one on Friday and now I'm on the fourth. I'll read through all of those (including the Father Tim ones) in order and be good for a couple of year. I think this is my fifth or sixth go around. I love them! I have those in paperback (one of the few sets of books I kept). :)

Barbara said...

I’m impressed with your 90 books this year goal. I’ve been trying to do more reading. I’m kind of an audiobook person, although I read some on my kindle app as well. Before we left on our trip, I read Michener’s Chesapeake, and that was a tome. Now I’m trying to get through Texas...another tome...and honestly, all of Michener’s books are tomes, but they are good stories. Also, I’m reading something entitled “It’s Even Worse Than you Think” (at least I think that’s the title)...about the current state of our government.