Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Saturday, August 17, 2019

HeLP for Hexie-ologists - 8/17/19

Happy Hexie Saturday!

Just a quick update on a couple projects I’ve worked on during the fair.


Finishing 3 blocks doesn’t look like much but I also prepped a lot of the pieces for the remaining blocks.

It’s a good thing I posted this pic cuz it wasn’t until I typed the above sentence that it clicked that I need 5 blocks and not 6. Geesh that was close.


I also finished this quilt, pulled the papers, pressed them and put them away. Now to pick a backing. I’ve eliminated 1 of the 3 shown and was leaning towards one but Chantal is leaning towards the other. Which would u pick & why?

And now it’s your turn! Please link to your hexie project in the comments below. Any vintage project, paper shape or construction method counts.


5 comments:

Janet O. said...

Are you paper piecing that first project? It looks so cute!
Colorwise, I think the center fabric matches up best, but I am really liking the little turtles for the backing. Sorry, kitties. :(
I actually have a photo of my hexie project in my last post.
https://roguequilter.blogspot.com/2019/08/monthly-mini-for-july-late-again.html

Annette Mandel said...

The running horses. My temperature quilt is up-to-date! A78mandel at yahoo dot com

MissPat said...

My pick is the center fabric as well. What is the block size for your kaleidoscope piece? I have a kaleidoscope I started many years ago, but I was hand piecing it and didn't like how it was coming out.
Pat

Pamela said...

Nice projects! Here is this year's temperature quilt so far - https://hokkaidokudasai.blogspot.com/2019/08/monday-morning-star-count-week-15.html

Leonore Winterer said...

I love the colours on the top design! For the bottom one, I'm leaning towards the bottom fabric (although the right one is very pretty, but the center colours are a better fit). The kitties are cute too, but too 'busy' as a backing for my taste.