Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, August 06, 2019

The bibliophile Files - 8/6/19

You can always tell when I've been on vacation(s) as my finished book list is nice and long :)

FINISHED:
     Cemetery Road
     Olivia Twist
     Along Came a Spider
     Astray - a fun collection of short stories about various people who have crossed a line.
     Destroyer Angel
     Only Us
     Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass
     Othello - maybe not the best choice for mountain climbing in the heat...I spent much of the hike saying "WTF just happened?" I don't think I'm a Shakespeare aficionado.
     The Silent Patient - excellent twist at the end!
     A Night Divided - a story about a family split by the Berlin Wall. I had never read about the wall from this perspective so it was interesting.
     Tear Down This Wall: A City, A President, and the Speech that ended the Cold War - I expected this to be solely about President Reagan's speech but it gave a lot of the background before he gave his famous speech.
     Heretics Anonymous
     Roses are Red
     The Brass Verdict - from the series that inspired The Lincoln Lawyer movie. Can't wait to re-watch the movie and see how it fits the books.
     My Name is Not Friday - the story of a 12 year old free black orphan sold into slavery and his fight to get back to his only brother
     Urge to Kill - funny there is no indication on the box that this is book 3 in a series. Guess I better add the rest of the series to my to read list...
     Look Alive 25

IN PROGRESS:
     on my iPhone: The Reversal
     on my home stereo: The Endless Beach

And now it's your turn - please let us know in a (linked) post on your blog or in the comments below, what you have been reading. Anything counts: novel, magazine, quilt pattern or cereal box!



4 comments:

Julierose said...

Am about 1/3rd through "The Silent Patient"--sort of spooky, I think--waiting for the other shoe to fall as I know it will..hugs, Julierose

MissPat said...

Recently finished Educated by Tara Westover (NF- a powerful and disturbing book); A Murder for the books by Victoria Gilbert (1st in series).
Currently reading Drawing home by Jamie Brenner (beach read) and Fifty things that aren't my fault by Cathy Guisewite (hilarious and poignant, reminds me of how much I miss the Cathy comic strip).
Pat

Leonore Winterer said...

I don't know any of your books this month, but some sound very interesting. I think 'Olivia Twist' and 'The Silent Patient' will find their way onto my to-read-list!
My reading has been fairly slow lately...not because I don't need, but all my current books are kind of slow going, so I haven't finished anything in a while.

Denise :) said...

You were a busy reader in July! We listened to "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" to and from Marco Island. It was *wonderful* and enhanced by the gal who did the audible. What else? I've been on an Amish kick...read a lot of Amish Christmas fiction in July. LOL! I've got Dear George, Dear Mary in my lap (so to speak) right now and am number #86 on 6 copies on "Where the Crawdads Sing". I'm #37 on 4 copies on "Educated" and #14 on 1 copy of "The Library of Lost and Found." Have you read any of those?