Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, August 07, 2019

Wednesday Weather Report #116 - 8/7/19

July 31, 2019 : 76 F
August 1-6, 2019 : 78 - 80 - 77 - 75 - 80 - 83 F
Not much to say about this week's weather...the nights are getting cooler and the days are pretty comfortable which is kind of a surprise since August days are usually pretty uncomfortable.

As I'm typing, I'm thinking that I haven't really shared any pics of the quilting on Mr Serious.  I'll have to rectify that soon. In the meantime, know that I am nearly done with the quilting and already have the facing completed.

Sadly I am having machine troubles which means the quilting is taking longer than expected. I've completed quilting the red, brown, yellow and black sections, which just leaves the white - which is was over half done this morning.

I'm kind of thinking it's the spool of thread causing the problem as I've been using the same brand for 15 years and I quilted the rest of the quilt sans issues. I have even switched to machine piecing this week without any issue. And yes I've turned the machine on/off, re-threaded, cleaned *everything* I can get to, changed the needle twice, wiped everything clean/re-oiled 700 times and even switched to a different bobbin. The only thing I cannot do is switch to a different spool as I have to order this thread and want to have the quilt completed by this weekend to enter it in the fair. The quilting looks fine, I'm just tying and hiding lots of knots as the thread keeps breaking. I'm getting really good at tying and hiding knots :)


3 comments:

Vireya said...

That's frustrating when the thread does that. I had a spool do that for me recently. It was an expensive brand, but just useless for quilting with as it had no strength in the thread. I don't know how old it was as it came from a friend's stash, but I had to give up with it and swap to something else.

Good luck with getting it finished in time! And good luck in the show, of course.

Janet O. said...

I am really looking forward to seeing a completed Mr. Serious. But how maddening to have the thread keep giving you issues.
We have finally had a couple of cooler, cloudy/rainy days, and it has felt so good.
But we are back to the high 80s-low 90s this weekend.

Leonore Winterer said...

I hope you got the rest of your quilting done without too many issues! Around here, it's oddly comfortable for August as well...lots of rain too. Let's see how that plays out.