Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Wednesday Weather Report #119 - 8/28/19

I have to say that Fall is definitely creeping in. Not only are the day temps on the low side but my yard is already turning yellow with the falling leaves.

August 21 - 27, 2019
80 - 68 - 69 - 62 - 71 - 72 - 70 F

This past Friday was my second to last no-housework-Friday and I made good use of the time in my quilt lab by making backings and sandwiching quilts. I will share the others tomorrow but for today's weather report I thought you would like to see the 2018 weather quilt!!!


The quilting will be quilt simple with vertical lines along each inner point of the elongated hexies and horizontally thru the outer points of the hexie. I am using black thread for lack of wanting to change every inch or so but I think the black adds to the stunning contrast of black and the bright colors. I think I'll add the first letter of each month above the columns and add 2018 to the top or bottom somehow. I do have a few buttons picked out which I had planned to add for certain holidays, first snow, my birthday, etc, to make it easier to compare year to year but I'm so in awe of this as is that I am second guessing myself and haven't truly decided yet. What do you think about the button idea? Yay or Nay?


6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautiful! And yes for the buttons- it is your year! It is stunning.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This looks just awsome! I'm a button gal, so I vote buttons.

Vireya said...

Wow! Doesn't it look fantastic when you get it all together.

Jo said...

Sounds like a great idea. Marking special occasions sounds fun.

Janet O. said...

It is visually stunning--I don't know if I'd want to mess up the flow with buttons, but I guess it could depend on what you plan on doing with it.

Leonore Winterer said...

Same here...slowly, but surely, the temps are going down. Not complaning about it, either!
Your 2018 quilt looks stunning! I'm pro buttons; I think I'll mark some special dates on my temperatures stitch as well (I was thinking highest and lowest temperature).