Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Wednesday Weather Report #171 - 8/26/20

I know it's probably hard to tell from the hexies but there is a touch of fall in the air as the overnight temps have consistently been in the 50s and 60s. This weekend it might drop into the 40s. Fall is my fav time of the year, not just for the fall colors, but the cool nights and warm days. 

August 19 - 25, 2020
69 - 74 - 77 - 80 - 81 - 84 - 77 F

My office building was built as a bank in 1909 - there are still deposit stubs in the basement from the 1920s! In wooden crates! At an unknown date the building was converted to an appliance store and then into the Town Hall in 1985. Luckily a lot of the original marble and hexie tile floors remain but the lovely 25+ foot high, heavily decorated ceilings are now hidden under drop ceiling tiles. I am not sure during which of the 2 transitions this deposit door was mounted to the outside wall but I'm glad they did it!!

Are y'all enjoying the temperature pictures with something "backgroundy" or should I stick with the close ups of the hexies, as I did for the last 3 years?


5 comments:

Vireya said...

I like seeing the interesting backgrounds, for a touch of variety.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the backgrounds. Too bad they won't take down the drop ceiling.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, I think it makes for a very interesting backdrop and the story behind it is wonderful.

ButterZ said...

I love seeing the backgrounds and reading their story

Leonore Winterer said...

I do enjoy the backgrounds! Not that I don't like your hexies, but they are still nicely visible.