Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Wednesday Weather Report #188 - 12/23/20

It's been a busy week of finishing custom mask orders, baking, cleaning and wrapping - and I don't really care for 2 of those tasks. As a result of the holiday activities I don't think I've accomplished more than 1 hexie per night and they were not related to my temperature quilt in any way, shape or form. Sad, I know. 

On the other hand, I plan to spend my entire Christmas Day on the couch, in my jammies, hexing and watching DVDs as my family is not getting together this year. It's actually not the worst thing to stay home this year as there is a big storm coming: rain on Thursday, quickly turning to heavy lake effect snow with 3 to 17" possible by the end of Saturday.

December 16 - 22, 2020
25 - 21 - 24 - 32 - 35 - 38 - 34F

I'm almost  embarrassed to show this but this is the current state of my design wall:


This is both my 2019 and 2020 temperature quilts. Can you believe I've been at this for over 3.5 years? I can't!

Depending on how the weekend goes, I hope to get 2019 mounted on it's black background. I'm hoping if I post this here I'll make it happen but who knows what rescue calls the weather will bring and taxes have arrived so I will need to work on that over the weekend as well. With luck, I can get 2020 mounted next weekend - it depends on how much solid black I have in my stash and when the quilt store will reopen after the holidays.

What weather are all y'all expecting for Christmas?



7 comments:

Julierose said...

Just lovely temp quilt rows...I really like how they look together...
We are expecting heavy rain and 65-70 mph winds...Sant's sleigh will have a tail wind for sure...;)))
Merry Christmas Sarah
Hugs Julierose

Vroomans' Quilts said...

We are in the 4-6" of rain area with 60mph or more winds. It's a swim or sink Holiday which fits the year. We, too, are not gathering due to Covid (and the weather).

Janet O. said...

I am excited to see one of your temperature quilts come together.
Sounds like you will have a cozy day on Christmas--if there aren't any of those emergency calls.
Not many places in the country experience lake effect snow, but we are familiar with it because of The Great Salt Lake. Doesn't usually come this far north, but every now and then the jet stream is just right and we get dumped on.
Merry Christmas!

ButterZ said...

Wow. One whole week of blues. How cool. I’m surprised you are still at it. Sounds like an ideal Christmas Day

MissPat said...

Here's hoping your snow total will be on the lower end of that range (unless, of course, you want to be snowed in). What a difference 25 miles makes. We're only due for maybe 3" We're always home alone on Christmas Day, so this year is really no different, but my daughter is not coming over tonight as is our tradition. Merry Christmas to you and Z.
Pat

Vireya said...

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas of quiet stitching, with no emergencies!

Leonore Winterer said...

I hope you had a great lazy and crafty Christmas!