Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, December 17, 2020

Thursday Weather Report #187 & birthday countdown - 12/17/20

I thought yesterday was supposed to be the coldest day of the week but today's temp is only 21F, proving that theory way off base. We did get some snow last night (my back isn't speaking to me after shoveling for the first time this year) but it will probably melt pretty soon as we are expecting rain and 40s next week. Boooo!


December 9 - 15, 2020
34 - 39 - 55 - 46 - 37 - 34 - 25 F

Today marks the 1 month countdown until my birthday! In other words, if you would like to send me a birthday  cake block and haven't sent one yet, it's time to get on that. You can find the directions here and I can also email you a pdf of the directions if that's easier. 



I've received many cake blocks already, with people telling me more are coming!!! I've gotten 2 black cakes and a red velvet there on the right. There are also cat fabric cakes, hexie fabrics and lots of purple. It's going to be a fabulous quilt. I hope to start stitching on my birthday since I probably won't be able to do anything else thanks to Covid.

Thank you to everyone who has participated so far and thanks to everyone else who sends a block or card. It actually makes the mail fun, especially when all the holidays have been "cancelled".


3 comments:

ButterZ said...

It’s great to see your blocks building up. It will be a fun quilt

Vireya said...

That's a nice collection of blocks already. It looks like mine arrived safely, fortunately. (Unless someone else used the same fabric...)

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, what a nice collection of cakes! I'm sorry, I won't be able to make it. I don't have any white on white fabrics and didn't have an opportunity to get fabric shopping this year, and now I think the mail wouldn't make it in time anyways!