Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, February 02, 2021

The Bibliophile Files - 2/2/21

Hello all - I'm off to a good reading year! Not only am I (3) books ahead of schedule with my annual goal of 90 books but I think I'm doing well with my Spell That Place challenge* as well, given that there are some uncommon letters to accommodate.

How are you doing on your reading goal?

FINISHED
     To Tell you the Truth
     The Guest List - such a good twist to this book. What we do has consequences, even if they are a long way off.
     Murder with Chicken and Waffles
     Long Road to Mercy - another new series for me!
     The Lost Island
     The Perfect Alibi - The lead lawyer is a former MMA fighter which helps her out in some tricky situations. 
     The Alibi Man 
     Redemption - It never hurts to look back at what we didn't know when we didn't know that we didn't know it ;^)
     Private Vegas - I needed a V book so I went mid-series. I've read another in this series so I just assumed that each book took place in a different country. This book is the 9th book and appears that the beginning of the series was all Vegas, all the time. I guess it's time to start at the beginning...

IN PROGRESS
     The Affair

And now it's your turn - what have you been reading? Everything counts: novel, magazine, quilt pattern and cereal boxes!

*My spell that place for 2021 is Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta, India. The goal is to find books where one of the words in the title matches one of the letters in my Place name. 



6 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW what a place name--I wouldn't want to have to pronounce it--but as a guide to a reading list it is amazing!!

I am reading a new series by Robert Goddard--The first one is "Into the Blue" with Harry as the protaganist...I have ordered the second book from Amazon
Hugs julierose

Sherrill said...

I was never a reader until I decided to start in 2019. That year, I read 68 books then last year I read 65. So far this year, I've read 6 and currently reading Bloody Genius by John Sandford. I prefer thrillers and mysteries though I've read some I've loved that weren't in those genres. Just can't get into mushy love stuff..HA!

ButterZ said...

Good on you Sarah. The only thing I am reading is blogs.

Denise :) said...

I always enjoy this post and will continue to take credit for its name for as long as I live. Hahaha! You got some good reading in this month! Do you use goodreads? Just curious. I finished 16 in January; January is always a good month because I've got time off right off the bat! Have you read Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore? It was fun! I also finally got John Grisham's A Time for Mercy from the ereader library. I had to wait like 30 weeks! Here's to February reading!! :)

MissPat said...

Finished Shell game by Sarah Paretsky and Monogamy by Sue Miller. Also a local history book Hidden Stories of the Finger Lakes (I think). Now reading Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand and listening to The President is Missing by Bill Clinton and James Patterson.
Pat

Leonore Winterer said...

I don't know any of your books, but I just started reading The Priory of the Orange Tree - I really like it so far!