Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Wednesday Weather Report #197 - 2/24/21

We had a training at the fire hall over the weekend and there was a lot of talk about how much ice was on everyone's houses this year.


I whole heartedly agree!! It's a little hard to see but the icicle on the upper left is particularly long and lethal. The weather has been warm today (and it's now raining. BOOO!) so it will be interesting to see what has happened to the ice when I get home tonight. I'm just hoping that the ice doesn't pull down the gutters again this year but I'm thankful that my brother will help me fix them again when it happens.

BTW - the ice photo was taken after the training Sunday Morning - isn't that sky gorgeous??!!


I noticed this foxy guy/gal loping along the rode on the ride to work this morning. I would have loved a better photo but I was stopped in the middle of the road and the car behind me might not have appreciated stopping as well. 

The snow drifts in this area are quite deceiving. Luckily those trees have stopped most of the snow blowing into the road versus some areas where the drifts must be 8 feet tall and can be quite dangerous when the wind is blowing snow over top of them. The areas with the tallest drifts happen to be farm fields that have snow fence in them. I would hate to see how bad the drifts are without the fencing.

February 17 - 23, 2021
22 - 24 - 29 - 25 - 28 - 35 - 34 F


6 comments:

Julierose said...

Boy, you have really been hit with cold and snow this year...Those are pretty amazing icicles...
Stay safe and warm...
Cute fox--we have one that keeps investigating a chipmunk tunnel in our backyard...he/she has left paw prints in the snow...
hugs, Julierose

Vireya said...

Quite consistently far too cold for me! Your icicles are amazing.

ButterZ said...

Love the photo of the icicles hanging from the roof...

MissPat said...

I heard a crash earlier this week and momentarily wondered what it was until I realized it was a giant icicle falling off the north side of the house. There was only one big one left when I shoveled a path to the garbage can on Tuesday. Then yesterday's 57 degrees took care of that one, too. Your temperature row this time was very consistent.
Pat

Janet O. said...

That is quite a collection of icicles. It looks like a cold week--until the rain.
Handsome fox!
Sounds like the drifts can be really serious stuff. I laughed about the car behind you not appreciating you stopping in the road for the photo. I must have stopped three times tonight on the way home from my grandson's orchestra concert to get photos of the sunset. Once I had a car on my tail that for some reason I hadn't noticed. Oops.

Leonore Winterer said...

Coldcoldcold! That ice looks dangerous.