Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Friday, March 19, 2021

Feline Friday - 3/19/21

Did you know that it's pretty easy to teach an old cat lady new tricks??!!

If I can do it, then you can do it too!

Apparently, Momma has been watching Instagram videos of cats and dogs using  recordable buttons to "talk" or tell their Momma's what they want. For instance, what toy to play with or the need for food/water or that they need to go outside.

In the past, when I wanted to go outside, I rang the bell that lives by the door. I recently started ringing the bell to get more treats. Momma is already off the couch so it's not a bother for her to divert to the treat drawer in the quilt lab instead.

Now when I ring the bell, Momma pushes the green button, which says "outside" and she opens the door. If I want a treat she pushes the orange button which says "treats".

My Momma is sooooo smart!! =^..^=

I wonder what other buttons I can teach her to press??



6 comments:

Vireya said...

Well that is an interesting concept!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I think Tugger would just ring the treat bell non stop once he figured it out.

Julierose said...

"Z" certainly knows how to "push your buttons"!! ;)))) what a smart cat!
Hugs, Julierose

ButterZ said...

Interesting

Janet O. said...

Nice job training her, Z!! What, no purple button?!?

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a cool idea! I'm curious to learn if eventually, you'll both get behind the 'trick' of it!