Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Friday, March 05, 2021

Feline Friday - 3/5/21

When it's too cold outside and I'm tired of being naughty, I like to survey my domain from GreatGrandMomma's card table. 

I guess I'm still being naughty as I shouldn't be on GGM's table but Momma cleared off the end of the table so that means I *can* sit here, right? How else can I spy on the neighbors out the window? 

Momma doesn't want me to brag but I thought I would give you a little tour of some of her stuff in my domain:

  • Conch shell on GGM's table is from St Martin in the Caribbean
  • In case you don't know what a game table is, the top opens up and rotates for a larger surface. Inside there is storage space for decks of  cards, etc. There are still games and papers in the table from GGM!
  • On the wall are 2 framed cat quotes, a terracotta sun GrandMomma got in Arizona and some creepy wood spirit with actual Moose hair that Momma got in the Adirondacks
  • The ratty couch arm is all my doing. I like to think I'm an ar-tiste!
  • Momma got the green lanterns hanging in the windows in Cairo, Egypt
  • Rocking chair was Momma's childhood chair. The other chair came from an op shop. I like to sit on them both, I'm just not very good at rocking.
  • 3 legged step stool came from a family friend - 3 legged stools are ridiculous.
  • Copper bucket full (!) of my favorite bells/balls is from the same family friend. 
  • The plants are mostly violets along with a turtle plant and a pilea. The table was put out for the dumpster by a neighbor when Momma lived in Miami.
  • And most important - there is a floor vent to heat my belly furs!

Do you like domain tours? Momma has more stuff I can show you...




7 comments:

Julierose said...

What a terrific tour, "Z"--loved it...hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Thanks for the tour by the eye of Z. I love the shapes in older homes. Love the wood floors.

Vireya said...

I enjoyed the tour!

Denise :) said...

Domain tours are much better when led by a fluffy catguide! So, yes, more please! :)

MissPat said...

Thanks for the domain tour, Z. It's a good thing Mama has you there to protect everything. What's a turtle plant?
Pat

Janet O. said...

I love domain tours--especially from an "insider's" viewpoint!

Leonore Winterer said...

Thanks for the tour, Z! Your domain seems to be full of memories.