Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Wednesday Weather Report #201 - 3/24/21

According to the NYS DOT we are not going to be getting any more snow this spring. 

I hear you - how can they possibly know? I have no idea myself but they took down all the snow fencing this week so it must be so. I hope Mother Nature got the same message since it's only March and we have gotten plenty of spring snow storms in both April and May.

March 17 - 23, 2021
50 - 36 - 29 - 50 - 60 - 63 - 62 F

The rumor mill says we might hit 73F tomorrow! Do I dare wear my new short sleeve shirt?


Last week's theme for #100hexies100days2021 Instagram challenge was Rainbows. Not having fabrics with actual rainbows, each day I posted a colored hexie with matching colored tchotchkes in the background. Check them out at @sarahdidit17.

Ok. I know this next picture is awful, but have you ever gotten a new toy and just played with it to see what it can do?

My house can have awful lighting when there is no sunshine. I found this mini ring light (rechargeable, clips on to your phone and it was only ~$5 at Walmart) and I was playing and trying stupid stuff like putting the hexie on the light. This is actually the lowest of 3 light settings - it's much brighter than I expected. It totally washed out the colors of the hexie and the purple ironing board cover but can you see the piece of lint formed in to a heart there on the right? I had no idea that little heart was there... 

Ok, you can stop laughing now. 

5 comments:

MissPat said...

Good thing we're getting closer to resuming outside activities. It's clear you've been cooped up at home alone (no offense, Z) for too long. BTW that violet is striking.
Pat

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the African violet. I used to have a collection of them and then they all got mealybugs and I could not cure it. Now, I have a lot of succulents, but I would love to grow the violets again.

Janet O. said...

What a pretty African Violet!
I don't believe they have the audacity to claim to know there will be no more snow.
Ha Ha, still laughing here, Sarah. But I like the thread heart. (I am just envisioning you playing with your light.)

Vireya said...

I enjoyed your rainbow hexie posts.

The African violet is gorgeous, and the thread heart is very cute.

So did you wear the short-sleeved shirt?

Leonore Winterer said...

I love the 'rainbow' hexies, those are some really cool fabrics!

Does the ring light actually help with taking better pictures in awful lighting (when used properly)? I might have to invest in one myself if it does, but pictures always get way too little light.