Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, March 08, 2021

Monday Catchall - 3/8/21

I thought I would share a couple of the projects I've been working on recently...

For my birthday gift to myself, I joined the Smitten BOM with Pink Door Fabrics. Each month for a year we get enough Tula fabric to fussy cut 3 or 4 of these large hexagons. I didn't bring the size with me but I'm going to guess the final quilt will be couch size. I have less than half to go on the fourth hexagon for Month 1. Month 2 should ship this week.  Other goodies in the BOM include a project bag, an acrylic Smitten key chain and monthly glue pen refills. I skipped the monthly Aurifil thread add-on as I don't color match my threads. The BOM also has a great Facebook page with video tutorials. I highly recommend Pink Door for BOMs. 

 

I joined #100days100hexies2021 challenge on Instagram where I am @sarahdidit17. Each week has a theme, usually pretty open to interpretation, which is good 'cuz I don't have a lot of small things to fussy cut for the 1" hexies I chose to use as I can use them for my ZiggZagg project.

The first week was Sewers Choice and I chose fabrics to tell a little about myself. Each daily hexie was photographed on a relevant background so I hope you'll pop over to IG to see the original photos.

  1. My obsession: hexies
  2. Zorro!!
  3. I'm Irish
  4. I'm an EMT
  5. Chocolate
  6. I'm a homebody
  7. I live in Western NY

This week's theme is treasures. I've got a few ideas but not enough for the week. I was able to fussy cut about half of what I'll need for the entire challenge so now I can spend some extra time finding the harder themes...


4 comments:

Vireya said...

Smitten is looking gorgeous!

I've been enjoying your themed daily hexies.

MissPat said...

I've been so tempted by one of the kits like Smitten, but you know how well I've done on the diamond stars (well, no you probably don't since I haven't seen you in what 15 to 18 months). Let me know what symbols, themes, motifs, you're looking for for the fussy cut hexies. I can spare a few scraps to help you fill in.
Pat

ButterZ said...

I like your choice of hexies

Leonore Winterer said...

You've got a lot of fun projects on the go! Love your little Zorro hexie.