Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Chaos - that's the only word I can think of to describe this mess...it is organized tho!

From the left on the wall:
  • a kitty panel on the bottom - waiting for inspiration
  • Tumbler table runner - waiting for time to piece it
  • Tumbler flag - top is put together and I have purchased backing. I know how I want to quilt it and I know that I want to keep the angled edges which means it has a "tucked in" edge that is edge stitched and no binding. Any recommendations on the best way to do this? I am guessing sew the three layers around edges and then turn right side out but do you quilt before or after that?
  • 2 more civil war blocks completed yesterday
  • 3 dresden plate mug rugs that need quilting and binding
  • Several hexie diamonds that I have started stitching together with the black sashing
  • The angel panel has been there a year and a half - I like to look at her but have no plans to do anything with her yet. Anyone have ideas?
  • Top right is a border design that has also been there ages. I don't like it very much and that's why it's still there and I'm sticking to it...
On the table:
  • The white baskets have a pieced border I am working on.
  • One green basket is leftovers from a "camping" tablerunner I made for Mom and Dad's new camper - they need to be trimmed and put away. Actually I have enough to make a second runner.
  • The next two green baskets are bits that need to be trimmed and selvages that need to be put in their box
  • The stack of blue fat quarters on the cutting mat are for another Civil War block
  • The bag of Snickers is what keeps me sane. Not really. Ok, maybe.

6 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

I think your design wall is filled with great things. I love the tumbler flag and the hexies. And Snickers ;)

Jo said...

I LOVE your tumbler flag. MARVELOUS!

Janet O. said...

I love the tumbler flag, too! And I can't wait to see the hexies quilt take shape. That is your quilting angel on your design wall, watching over you! So many fun projects, and Snickers, too! What more can a quilter want?

AnnieO said...

Omigosh, that's a lot of inspiring stuff! Hope you take time to finish some of these lovelies. The tumbler flag might be easier to quilt after sewing the back on. Otherwise it might be hard to get the edges nice and crisp with none of the backing creeping up.

Nina Marie said...

with all that going on - you're going to need the snickers - don't you love them:)!!

Gari in AL said...

Boy, when you walk into that room, you don't have to think up something to do, you just have to decide between projects. I love it. And I love the flag, too.