Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, November 19, 2018

HeLP for Hexie-aholics - 11/19/18

Yikes - I've really been off my blogging game lately. It was yesterday, mid-morning, before I realized that I had missed our monthly HeLP post on Saturday. I'm 99% done with job#2 and I only have one more Christmas Bazaar so maybe life can get back to normal now...whatever "'normal" is.

The arrow is the mid height point
Can you believe we have been doing HeLP for over 6 years now? Me either but we had the first help back in August of 2012. Time flies when you are having fun!

On the one hand, I took some time off Mr Serious to work on one of my other hexie projects for a week so it's been a while since I posted a picture. On the other hand I've gotten a decent bit of work done and I just haven't had time to post a picture.

I'm thrilled to say that not only did I reach the top left corner of the project but I've now begun stitching my way across the top. The project is getting a little big to work on anywhere off my couch or someplace with a table but I've got some ways to work around that.

Since job#2 is just about over I now have my lunch hours back and I'll be working on the brown section which is easy enough to transport in a tiny box. My ultimate goal is to work down towards the bottom left corner. Once I've got a good chunk of the brown section completed I will attach it to the catship (haha, instead of mothership) so I can see the full height of the project. At the same time, while at home on the couch, I can continue to work along the top right of the catship, adding fur (2 greys, 1 black, 4 creams/whites) and continuing with the red at the top.

My other work around is a new box to store all my supplies for the project.


Above is the 6-compartment box I've been using - it's part of a 3-box-stack. The stack only has one lid which is awkward when you only need one box, leaving the rest of the stack open.

I think a little jerry-rigging will make the lid removable.
The green/black rosettes on the right are eyes!

The new box above comes with the 6-compartment box to further sort out my fabric but also has the 2 long boxes. Even better they are all movable so I can put two 6-compartment boxes in or just one leaving blank space or whatever combo I need. Tonight I'll be expanding the black/greys that are currently crammed in to  one compartment.

I also like that the color "map" of the project will fit in the box. I was carrying the small lidded box, a clipboard with the map, the sharpies were loose plus the catship. Now it's just the catship and the big box. Woohoo!

And now it's your turn to share an EPP project. We look forward to any paper shape and any vintage project whether it's a UFO, WIP or dream. I can't wait to see your projects!




4 comments:

Denise :) said...

I really can't believe it's been six years since you started HeLP! How in the heck is that possible?!? You've made tremendous progress with Mr. Serious... do you need more cardstock to punch hexies? I've got a bunch of scraps I can send, if you'd like! Your new compartment box is clever...I'm using a box tea came in to stack my finished flowers ... it's like a small pizza box, only it's got a magnetic lid, so it stays closed. I won't be able to fit too many more in there, though, it's getting full! OH, also...I felt like the white superior thread was showing up too much, so I purchased the grey. It's PERFECT!! Wanna spool? I thought I was ordering one, and it was actually like six spools. Oh -- that explains the $8. LOL!!! :)

Pamela said...

You are making great progress on Mr. Serious!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Like your new box. I use something similar for a project box. I didn't realize how tiny your hexies are!!
Happy Thanksgiving.
xx, Carol

Turid said...

Your 6 years* HeLP really helped me to finish my big La Passion. Now I'm quilting it for the great show in Germany (Nadelwelt) next year. And as you can see I've decided to go on with my little 1/4" hexagon La Passion. So I probably will need HeLP the next 6 years too. Thank you.