Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, November 26, 2018

Turkey & Mystery Clue #1

I own 5 Christmas cactuses (cacti?) between home and work. Don't ask! Each one is a different color and they all blossom 2 to 3 times per year. We've had our first blossoming but this one is my favorite:


We went to my brother's house for Thanksgiving. There was just enough space amongst all the serving dishes for our plates and drinks!

Tom, Rex, Ron, Denise, Tyler, Kristie, Ryan

And what does one do after supper when the triptophan coma starts to kick in?
Spoon with your favorite dog of course!!

Scooby, Shaggy, Ryan

Friday was all about the new Quiltville Mystery Quilt!! Woohoo for Clue #1. Once again I'll be making abut half of each clue until we get to the big reveal when I see if I need more or less units. Half also equates to "this is close enuf because I have used all the scraps currently available" in that size which is what happened with this clue.


Two of the above are not like the others! Guess I didn't finish quite as many as I thought...I set them aside for now and I'll fix them if I need them.


Clue 1 is done and dusted!!

Linking to the Mystery Monday Linky...


10 comments:

Alison V. said...

Your four patches look amazing and I love your Christmas cacti collection -- my mom has a bunch and one of these days she promises to bring me some daughter plants.

Feathers in my Nest said...

Awww...pretty blooms on your cactus..lovely 4 patches and fabrics!

Linda Swanekamp said...

If ever a piece breaks off that cactus, don't throw it out- I would love it!! I have a magenta, orange, fuschia, and a bitty whitish pink. My peach one died this summer. It was real finicky. I love them. I would love a peach and a yellow. I am goi g to check Trader Joe's and see what they have this year. Good luck with the mystery. I love Bonnie, but mysteries make me crazy. I scored a copy of her new book this morning on her website. Kitty leaves the cactus alone?

Janet O. said...

That is a gorgeous color of Christmas Cactus! I just have three--two red and one pink. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one of those. One of mine is just beginning to bloom. You must take better care of yours than I do. Blooming once a year is all I hope for, and if I am really lucky they will bloom twice.
Looks like there was plenty to go around on the Thanksgiving table!
Ryan knows how to finish off a good feast!
Look at you go on the mystery clue.

Nancy in NV-wheres the dude at blogspot said...

I love how you're storing your 4 patches.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Christmas cactus are beautiful--mine always got confused and bloomed at a time other than Christmas. How does Z do with house plants?

mangozz said...

Your 4 patches are looking good. Are you sticking with her color choices? I may make a smaller one this year myself, but I need to change some of the colors so I haven't started yet.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I used to be a plant guru, but NEVER had any luck at getting a Christmas Cactus to bloom at the proper time. I have only seen red ones, but then it's been 20 years since I looked for one. Yay for you to have the first clue done.
xx, Carol

MissPat said...

I have 10 Thanksgiving and/or Christmas cacti and 1 Easter (which is doing poorly), but none that gorgeous peachy color. I'm also on the lookout for a champagne one like Wanda Hansen has. Skipping the Bonnie mystery this year but I'll enjoy watching everyone else's progress. Hope you don't get buried in snow this go round.
Pat

Vireya said...

As you know, everything is upside down on this side of the world, so we don't call those plants Christmas cactuses. They bloom 6 months ago! Yours is a very pretty colour. I have a few zygocactuses (yep, that's what we call them) but they are all more pink than yours.

Thanksgiving looks great, and so do your 4-patches.