Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

V-Day continues..

Chocolate in the Stacks was quite successful last night. We had 59 auction baskets, 130 attendees and we made a bit more money than last year. WootWoot!! Anyone still there at the end of the night gets to take some of the leftover chocolates home...yummy...

I was even lucky enough to win one of the "baskets." I won a gift certificate to a not-so LQS along with a FQ, a quilt calendar and a lovely pillow that looks like a basket of yoyo flowers.


And look what else I got yesterday - two squishies!!!

You should see and feel the texture of the feathers on this zippered pouch - I can only hope mine are this good someday...  A nice little surprise gift, and all because I asked for it :)


Thanks to Janet for the packet of selvages!!!!! These are great colors (that I didn't have already) and some of the color dots are even shaped like birds and paisleys. The birds are definitly my favorite.


And this morning a coworker brought me this super long selvage. But look - there is no #2 color dot, not even the outline like in the photo above. Weird.

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Aha, they arrived safely. I'm glad. I thought those were some cute selvage markings, too.
You got a great gift bag! How far is that not so LQS?

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a neat basket of goodies and I just love the little bag....beautiful!
Quilting by the River

Denise :) said...

Oooh!! A win and TWO squishies for you -- how fun!!! :)

wella said...

Love love the feathers on that little bag.