Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, February 04, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 2/4/13

I putzed around the house this weekend between the cold weather and feeling crummy. I did finish up several small quilt tops, which I'll show you later this week and (of course) I worked on hexies but I also continued prepping for retreat by cutting basket blocks for leader enders and I also made my first Trip Around the World Block.

I found the TATW block just a tad fiddly - and I'll be honest, it's entirely because I frogged 2 strips sets apart at the wrong place so that I had to resew and then frog them in a different spot. Hopefully the next block will be easier. I am not yet 100% sure this is coming on retreat with me as I want something a bit relaxing...I'll have to make a few more blocks to see if it gets easier.

No matter what, I am happy to share my one TATW block on my clearest-it's-been-in-months design wall :^)




4 comments:

Janet O. said...

When I started making the TATW blocks I had to take a 15" design board and lay the tubes out so that the seam that needs ripping is on the left hand edge of each tube. Maybe that doesn't make sense. When I get a chance I'll take a picture and send it to you. It helped alleviate the unneeded frogging I kept doing. : )

Ruth said...

The blocks become mindless, unless you sew a right and wrong side together, and then contemplate leaving it like that.

Missy Shay said...

I did that my first couple of blocks, I was sewing while I was upset, I had to redo 2 or 3 blocks, but the upside is that the sewing did calm me down! LOL Just remember what color you seam ripped last and do the next one on top. As long as you do all of them the same, you won't have any problems! They are going very quickly for me now!

Denise :) said...

I am seriously, seriously considering not taking my sewing machine with me on our retreat at the end of the month. Is that crazy, or what? Your blocks look great -- well done! You can't tell there was anything froggy about 'em! :)