Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Retreat Report #2

While packing for retreat I told myself that I just HAD to make some progress on UFOs and Friday night would be dedicated to such a task.

I finished my Easy Street center (which I'll show tomorrow) and then I worked on Sister's Choice . Not sure how many years ago I started this quilt but I only needed four more blocks. I had cut the pieces at home so it was easy to bang them out. 

The sashing was even already on the other 26 blocks so it was also easy to get the rows put together. Of course by that time it was 2am and I had been working alone for almost 2 hours (didn't these people get the point of working in to the "wee wee" hours?) and said that was enough until I got home. Sunday evening I pressed the rows and got them sewn together. Wootwoot!!

Now on to my nemesis...borders! I have enough of the purple cornerstone fabric to either do an inner border or maybe binding. I was thinking of doing all 9-patches for an outer border but I wasn't sure if that would then be too many colors. I suppose I could do a colored inner border and then all neutrals for the 9-patches. Why can I only think of these things as I post to the blog? What do y'all think cuz I am really liking this idea!!??


10 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I am not good at figuring out borders... but I am intrigued by your idea of using neutral 9 patches. Such a beautiful quilt!

Missy Shay said...

If you like the idea, then go for it! Can't wait to see it!

Carla said...

Very nice! You are almost there. You can do it Sarah ; )

quiltmania said...

It looks wonderful so far. Go with what you heart is telling you, and have fun!

Janet O. said...

This pattern is on my short list! Yours looks wonderful. I would be really interested to see the neutral 9-patch border. I would never have thought of that. Just make up a few and see how you like it.

Manuela said...

The Top is very beautiful.

Greetings, Manuela

Grit said...

Wonderful top. It looks fantastic.

Grit from Germany

Michelle said...

Love it .....!
It's on my to-do list.

Denise :) said...

Wow...this looks fabulous! Great job!! You should go on retreat with us -- we know how to do late hours!!!! Borders are my nemesis, too. Julie Herman published a book called "Skip the Borders" -- that's my kind of book! LOL! :)

Carol E. said...

I also just returned from a retreat. Thurs and Fri nights i stayed up 'til 2 AM and Sat night I stayed up 'til 3 AM. I was only the last one to bed on Sat. night. Oh, I also focused on UFOs. Got a lot done!