Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Duckling Paddles

I'm not sure about you but I like to follow Mereth's blog for the wonderful scrap quilts that she makes - and she is quite prolific! Recently she made a quilt (the finished quilt was posted today) with blocks she called Duck Paddles.

I was enamored with the block after reading several posts and finally decided to draft it up in EQ last week. BTW - EQ calls the block Crosses and Crowns which just doesn't have the same appeal as duck paddles. I wasn't in the mood for a full sized quilt so I drafted the blocks at just 5" each with the whole quilt about 18"x24" finished. I originally planned to use pink as Meredith had but, having no pink yardage in the stash, opted for this great turquoise color.

And since these are small blocks...I call them Duckling Paddles!



11 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, some blocks have multiple names - I call this Ducks Foot and I also know it as Crosses & Crowns. I think it is just darling and love the color.

Grit said...

Looks fantastic!!
Liebe Grüße Grit

mereth said...

Oh that is gorgeous! I love the corners in the border, that's a neat idea. Hmmm, could I do one with blue sashing too....

Me and My Stitches said...

Love it! So cute!! And, your name is much better than EQ7's!

Denise :) said...

Darling, darling!! And I agree -- I like your name for it much better!!! I like the 'water' look border ... and the duck foot cornerstones! :)

quiltmania said...

Great little quilt. The size I'm sure qualifies it as a miniature, good for you!

Janet O. said...

Love your duckling paddles--so cute, Sarah!

Carol E. said...

It's beautiful!

Michelle said...

A great little quilt.....

Anonymous said...

The Cross and Crown block has always been one of my favorites.
Lillian
lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

Manuela said...

The little quilt is cute.

Have a nice weekend, Manuela