Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Adirondack color

The fall color in the Adirondacks was phenominal - and these pictures just don't do it justice. Friday and Saturday were overcast but Sunday was bright and sunny. You will definitly notice the difference :)

Can you see the pitter patter of the rain on 8th Lake?
These are just a few of the Mallard ducks we fed on Friday and Sunday.

Spider web between my car and the tree on Saturday morning.
I moved my car during the day and there was another web on Sunday.

Mom & Dad at 7th Lake - before one of our rock hunting sessions.
It looks like a speck in the sky but Payne's seaplane is circling to come in for a landing.

The contrast between the sky, clouds and trees on Sunday was phenominal!

7th Lake - I just love reflecting ponds (near where I rescued most of the rocks I brought home)

Transition from 7th lake to 8th Lake

Tomorrow - playing with my camera at the Catherdral Pines
(shorted maintained trail, it's all of 1/10 of a mile) and Black Bear Trading Post quilt shop.
It's too bad I haven't done any sewing all week but tonight I am playing hookie for a quick shop hop trip...

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Beautiful country, Sarah. A few years ago we drove through the Adirondack mountains in the fall and I felt like my photos didn't begin to capture the vibrance of the colors!

Michelle said...

I love when the leaves change.
Beautiful photos Sarah.
Enjoy your trip.

Denise :) said...

Wow, your colors sure are spectacular! We don't have anything that pretty, yet. We did have temps down into the 40's overnight, though, so perhaps soon! Great capture with the spider web! :)

Unknown said...

I really love these pictures and places. hugs