Sew...I'm hoping you read yesterday's post where I was hurrying and didn't read the directions carefully leading me to frog out some seams and correct 4 square-in-square blocks.
Well...I fixed those and placed the 9 sections on the design wall. This quilt is made up of 9patch star blocks (from EQ7) but there is a lot of give and take with color placement to make the actual block look totally different. These were my 2 options:
After some debate with myself I decided to go with the second option because I thought it looked more like the star blocks we were aiming for.
EXCEPT....when I finally got it all pieced together and really looked at the finished block, I hadn't made the layout I had chosen. I've decided not to re-do the block. I did like both layouts so why not...maybe it was divine intervention. I also have to make my blocks in a different color way so I'll make a better effort to use the other layout in the fall colors.