Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Shop Hop

Well, here it is almost the end of the day and no blog post yet...It's just been a crazy busy week let alone today specifically. Next week will be the same or worse since I collect school taxes and tomorrow is the due date.

I had a little scare with my Bernina this morning, the first time I've used the machine in a week. When I turned it on it didn't do that normal buzz sound and the needle wasn't centered yet I couldn't move the needle like it's supposed to. I cleaned everything and even took off the cover to see if that needed cleaning. I was a little miffed since it just had it's annual cleaning/servicing in August but I finally got it to wake up properly. If it happens again I may need to drive the 2+ hours back to have it looked at again. Ugh.

Since I don't have a lot of time to post, I'll finish the Adirondack photos next week and I'll just show my purchases from the Shop Hop last night.

First I went to Mt Pleasant Quilting Company in York. Their charm was a basket block and they included York Peppermint Patties LOL. They have a scrap bin that is sold by the inch so I got a boatload of scraps for my stash. I need to make a point of trimming them this weekend instead of just adding them to the "needs trimming" pile. Maybe if I post that to-do item here I'll be more accountable? Don't hold your breath! I also bought two ornament kits.

My next stop was Chestnut Bay Quilting in Caledonia. Their charm was a star and they had Reese's Pieces. I had never been to this store so I wasn't sure what to expect but they have a nice selection of batiks and civil war style fabrics. I purchased the red, black and greys for one of my Houston classes. I had picked out a green FQ for the class and then a couple Civil War FQs when I found out that if you bought so many you got one free - I had no problem picking another :)

I might go to another shop tonight if I can get my tax work done lickety split. We shall see...

3 comments:

Lauren Sgranfetto said...

Ahhhh…shopping! Makes me all warm inside!
I'm working at QD on Saturday- maybe I'll see you?
Happy sewing-

Janet O. said...

I gather each shop has a different charm. Fun idea. Shop hopping is one of my favorite things to do!
Lovely fabrics, Sarah!

Denise :) said...

I'm so jealous! (in a happy-for-you, friendly way; LOL!) Looks like you had a blast! The charms are cute, too -- you done good, Sarah! :)